The New Leaf Market Co-op Community Grants are offered to promote local food production, a sustainable environment and healthy lifestyles. Two $1,000 grants are awarded annually. Applications are accepted June 1-July 31, 2014. After reviewing the below criteria, download the application here OR fill it out online. For questions, please email Wendy Morgan or call 850-933-0831.
The following local organizations and individuals are encouraged to apply:
- Local organizations defined as nonprofit under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Projects which address childhood health and obesity concerns in the community
- Organizations which seek to reduce hunger or improve access to local, natural and/or organic food and products in the community
- Events, education programs and projects that focus on improving the quality of life for our communities’ residents, particularly as it relates to health, nutrition, education and environmental preservation
- Any local project that contributes to a sustainable environment
- Any business which builds relationships and co-operation in the community
- Classroom teachers in the community whose projects relate to the above criteria
Requests from the following organizations will not be considered:
- Political or advocacy groups
- Service clubs or fraternal organizations
- Third-party fundraisers
- Public clubs funded through membership fees
- Sporting events or sports teams
Applications are accepted from June 1-July 31, 2014. Any application received after July 31 will not be considered. Winners will be notified by September 2, 2014. Winners will attend an in-store award ceremony on Saturday, September 13, 2014 at 10 am and report back to the Board the following September to share outcomes of their project.
Drop off applications at the service desk by 10 pm on Thursday, July 31 or mail (postmarked no later than July 31) applications to:
Tallahassee, FL 32301
New Leaf Market Co-op Community $1,000 Grant Application
Please submit typed responses to the follow.
A. Name of organization or individual applying for the New Leaf Market Co-op Community Fund Grant
B. Contact name, phone number and e-mail address
C. Address: (street, city, state, zip code)
D. Title of grant proposal
E. Number of people who will potentially benefit from grant
F. The community fund charter states that it will support organizations that promote, “local food production, a sustainable environment, and healthy lifestyles.” State in 100 words or less how your project fits this description.
G. In 200 words or less, give a plan and timeline of the project for which you are requesting funds.
H. In 200 words or less, justify the need that the project will address.
I. In 200 words or less, provide the rationale that supports why this project is likely to be successful.
J. Provide a budget for the project.
For questions, please email Wendy Morgan at email@example.com or call 850-933-0831.
Tips And Other Information for Applicant
- Keep application to one to two typed pages.
- Letter your statements, A-J as stated on application.
- Brochures and pictures may be included if related to your grant request.
- Keep your plan, timeline, justification of need, and rationale simply stated.
- Organizations/applicants who are awarded grants are discouraged from re-applying for three years.
- Grants are awarded for projects within an organization. Grants will not be awarded solely for operating expenses or computer equipment.
- Grants are scored using a 1-5 legend: 5=excellent; 4=very good, minor weaknesses; 3=good, several minor weaknesses, or one major weakness; 2=somewhat good, several major weaknesses, 1=poor, weaknesses outweigh the strengths. The written grants and scores are shared only with the Board members.