The newly formed New Leaf Market Co-op Community Grants are offered to promote local food production, a sustainable environment and healthy lifestyles. Two $1,000 grants are awarded annually. Applications are accepted June 1-July 31, 2013. After reviewing the below criteria, download the application here OR fill it out online. For questions, please email Wendy Morgan or call 850-933-0831.
The following local organizations and individuals are encouraged to apply:
- Local organizations defined as nonprofit under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- A business or organization which addresses childhood health and obesity concerns in the community
- Organizations which seek to reduce hunger or improve access to local, natural and/or organic food and products in the community
- Events, education programs and projects that focus on improving the quality of life for our communities’ residents, particularly as it relates to health, nutrition, education and environmental preservation
- Any local project that contributes to a sustainable environment
- Any business which builds relationships and co-operation in the community
- Classroom teachers in the community whose projects relate to the above criteria
Requests from the following organizations will not be considered by the Community Grants Committee:
- Political or advocacy groups
- Service clubs or fraternal organizations
- Third-party fundraisers
- Public clubs funded through membership fees
- Sporting events or sports teams
The application period is from June 1-July 31, 2013. Any application received after July 31 will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed by the New Leaf Market Co-op Community Fund Committee during the month of August. Winners will be notified by September 2. Winners will attend an in-store award ceremony at the end of September. Winners will report back to the Board the following September to share outcomes of their project. Organizations/applicants who are awarded a grant are discouraged from applying again until three years have passed from the grant award date.