Community Grant Program
Natural Times, July/August/September 2013
By Diane Bass
Do you or your organization have a project that relates to improving health, nutrition, education and/or environmental preservation in our community? Starting this year, New Leaf Market will award two $1,000 Grants to projects focused on improving the quality of life for our community’s’ residents. Apply now through July 31, 2013.
The following local organizations and individuals are encouraged to apply:
- Local nonprofit organizations
- Organizations that address childhood health and obesity concerns in the community
- Organizations which seek to reduce hunger or improve access to local, natural and/or organic food and products in the community
- Events, education programs and projects that focus on improving the quality of life for our community’s residents
- Any local project that contributes to a sustainable environment
- Any business which builds relationships and co-operation in the community
- Classroom teachers in the community whose projects relate to the above criteria
Applications will be reviewed by the New Leaf Market Community Fund Committee in August. Winners will be notified by September 2. Click here for more information and to apply online.