My Co-op Rocks!
By Diane Bass, Graphic Designer & Marketing Assistant
The My Co-op Rocks Contest is back and better than ever! Starting September 1 through October 31, enter your original video or photo online featuring your own local color and tell everyone why your co-op rocks. Get in on the action at www.MyCoopRocks.coop, where you can check out everyone’s submissions, leave comments and ratings, and enter your own creation for a chance to win super sweet prizes. Look for details at www.MyCoopRocks soon!
There’s no limit to the ways you can rock out your video. Unleash your sense of humor, show off your guitar god skills, or take on a full-scale co-op action adventure—just go wherever your imagination takes you in two minutes or less. Be ready to share your masterpiece with the world starting Sept 1, because the sooner you enter, the more votes you can receive!
New to the world of video making, but still want to participate? Just follow our four-week schedule to cover your bases.
Week One: Brainstorm
- Storyboard or outline your 2-minute script/song (making notes on a napkin counts!).
- Think of filming locations; ask permission to film in businesses or private properties.
- Line up your talent (actors, editors, etc.).
- Optional: If the wheels are churning, go ahead and start drafting a script or song.
Week Two: Gather resources
- Beg, borrow, or dig out your video camera. Smart phones with video capabilities work just fine.
- Think lighting. Some floor lamps from home will brighten up dim spaces.
- Check any equipment that you’ll be using, buy accessories if you’d like.
- Gather costumes and props.
- Finalize script/song.
Week Three: Production
- Lights! Camera! Action! It’s time to get something on film.
Week Four: Post-production
- Edit video. There are many programs available for video editing, both Microsoft® and Apple® offer free programs available online.
- Edit sound. Add music and narration at this point, re-recording sound for any hard to hear portions.
Of course, there are a million ways to put together a video. But hopefully this will inspire you and take some of the pressure off of video making. Join us on Facebook and watch for our eNews for reminders to keep you on schedule, and tips to help you along your way. And stay tuned and check back often at www.MyCoopRocks.coop for contest details and updates.