$1,000 Community Grants, Apply Now!
The newly formed New Leaf Market Community Grants are offered to promote local food production, a sustainable environment and healthy lifestyles. Two $1,000 grants are awarded annually. Applications are accepted June 1-July 31, 2013. After reviewing the below criteria, download the application here OR fill it out online. For questions, please email Wendy Morgan or call 850-933-0831.
The following local organizations and individuals are encouraged to apply:
- Local organizations defined as nonprofit under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- A business or organization which addresses childhood health and obesity concerns in the community
- Organizations which seek to reduce hunger or improve access to local, natural and/or organic food and products in the community
- Events, education programs and projects that focus on improving the quality of life for our communities’ residents, particularly as it relates to health, nutrition, education and environmental preservation
- Any local project that contributes to a sustainable environment
- Any business which builds relationships and co-operation in the community
- Classroom teachers in the community whose projects relate to the above criteria
Requests from the following organizations will not be considered by the Community Grants Committee:
- Political or advocacy groups
- Service clubs or fraternal organizations
- Third-party fundraisers
- Public clubs funded through membership fees
- Sporting events or sports teams
The application period is from June 1-July 31, 2013. Any application received after July 31 will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed by the New Leaf Market Community Fund Committee during the month of August. Winners will be notified by September 2. Winners will attend an in-store award ceremony at the end of September. Winners will report back to the Board the following September to share outcomes of their project. Organizations/applicants who are awarded a grant are discouraged from applying again until three years have passed from the grant award date.